– When you get large amounts of change from the subway vending machine, a loud recorded voice announces “big spender here!” (or something close to it)
– A local tv show interviews people on the street, asking them how much money they have in their wallets. Most people carry way more than 50,000 yen ($500) at any time
– Rice theft makes the local evening news for 3 nights in a row
– The Japanese version of Cops has a section on the Fukuoka Police force. The two featured crimes? Violence against a vending machine, and unauthorized posters.
– A non-fatal stabbing makes national tv news. Number of deaths: 0