From 2015, our official policy for private and semi-private lessons is as follows:
– If you are the only student at your ability level:
1) If there is a class at a close level, you will have 10 lessons per week with that class, and 5 private lessons focusing on your specific needs.
2) If there is no close level, you will have 10 private lessons per week to focus on just what you want to learn.
– If there are only two students at your ability level:
1) If there is a class at a close level, you will have 10 lessons per week with that class, and 10 semi-private lessons with just the two of you.
2) If there is no close level, the two of you will have 15 semi-private lessons per week.
This policy means you don’t need to worry about whether there will be other students at your ability level when you arrive – even if you’re the only one, we’ll make arrangements to take care of you!
(Note that the only exception to this is complete beginner students. Classes for complete beginners start on the first Monday of every month and the third Mondays in June, July and August. If complete beginner students start outside of these dates, there will not be a class available for you.)