Contact Us Apply


university transfer credit for genkijacs students

  • Support
  • University credit

Almost half of GenkiJACS' students are also studying at university, and we are happy to support your university study however we can! The most important question for many students is, can I receive course credit for studying Japanese at GenkiJACS?

If you're coming from the US, in many cases the answer is YES! Many universities in the US offer course credit for Japanese study with us. If you already attend a university that offers credit to GenkiJACS students, just contact your university's study abroad office to start the application process. Here is a partial list of universities that have given their students course credit for GenkiJACS study. (Please note, this does not guarantee that all students from the same university can also receive credit, but it should be a good guide.) You can also apply for official transfer credit via our School of Record in the US.

  • Appalachian State University
  • Brookhaven College
  • Carleton College
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • Carthage College
  • City University of New York (CUNY), Baruch College
  • College of Arts and Sciences - Seattle University
  • James Madison University
  • Nebraska Wesleyan University
  • New Mexico State University
  • Southwestern

  • Stanford University
  • Tennessee Technological University
  • The College of New Jersey
  • Trinity University
  • University of Arizona
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • University of Delaware
  • University of New Hampshire
  • University of North Florida
  • University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
  • Virginia Tech University
  • Wright State University

Even if your university is not listed here, they may be willing to accept study with us for credit. The decision to accept study with us for course credit can only be made by your university, and the specific requirements that must be met differ from school to school. We are always happy to work with universities to meet any requirements they have, whether it is course materials and study topics, or final exams and grading methods. If you are studying Japanese at university and want to apply to your school for course credit, contact us and we will do what we can to help!


School of Record


If you do not attend one of these schools, you can still receive credit, but the process is a little more complex. GenkiJACS is partnered with a major US university that acts as our School of Record. Any student coming from the US who meets the requirements and enrolls on our university credit course can receive academic credit.


Courses are open to all individuals who are in good academic standing (not on suspension or probation, with GPA of 2.5 or above) at their current or last attended institution. This includes:

You must apply to GenkiJACS more than 2 months in advance of your requested start date to be considered for this program.



No matter how many credits are requested, there is a one-off fee of 350USD (the price in Japanese Yen will change depending on the exchange rate).

* 1 Credit = 1 Week of Standard Course

*The above fees are for the issuance of your transcript and credit via our School of Record only. They do not include any registration, materials or tuition fees.

Begin the journey of a lifetime. Speak Japanese, live Japan.

About Us

Accredited and award-winning Japanese school in Tokyo, Kyoto, Fukuoka and Nagoya. Learn real-world, communicative Japanese in small, intimate classes. Kickstart the journey of a lifetime in Japan, or bring your existing skills to new levels.

Head Office

Hakataekihigashi 1-16-23,
Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi 812-0013,

+81 (0)92 472 0123

Tokyo School

Hanazono Bldg 1BF, Shinjuku 5-17-6,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022,

+81 (0)3 6457 3554

Kyoto School

Hayashi Bldg 2F, Shimizuchō (Kawaramachidōri), 454-1,
Shimogyō-ku, Kyōto-shi 600-8025,

+81 (0)75-353-0003


Meieki-Nagata Bldg 4F, Meieki 3-26-19, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya 450-0002,

+81 (0)52-433-3152