Contact Us Apply


working in japan

  • Support
  • Working in Japan

Unless you have a special visa, you cannot work in Japan. This includes internships, if you receive anything of value in exchange for the work, or have a contract. Japan is very strict about visas and employment law.
Read more about unpaid internships here

The most common types of special visas that allow you to work are as follows: Working holiday visa Student visa (up to 28 hours per week)
Read more about the different kinds of visas available here

Both of these can also be used to study at Genki Japanese School. If you do not have one of the above visas, the only way you can work is to find a company that is willing to sponsor you for a visa for a full time job, or to marry a Japanese person!

GenkiJACS provides several services for people who want to work in Japan. If you study on our long-term course, we can provide the following services:


Begin the journey of a lifetime. Speak Japanese, live Japan.

About Us

Accredited and award-winning Japanese school in Tokyo, Kyoto, Fukuoka and Nagoya. Learn real-world, communicative Japanese in small, intimate classes. Kickstart the journey of a lifetime in Japan, or bring your existing skills to new levels.

Head Office

Hakataekihigashi 1-16-23,
Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi 812-0013,

+81 (0)92 472 0123

Tokyo School

Hanazono Bldg 1BF, Shinjuku 5-17-6,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022,

+81 (0)3 6457 3554

Kyoto School

Hayashi Bldg 2F, Shimizuchō (Kawaramachidōri), 454-1,
Shimogyō-ku, Kyōto-shi 600-8025,

+81 (0)75-353-0003


Meieki-Nagata Bldg 4F, Meieki 3-26-19, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya 450-0002,

+81 (0)52-433-3152