Contact Us


package course introduction

  • Study
  • Courses
  • Package/longterm
  • Working-holiday visa course

Working-holiday visa course

If you are planning to come to Japan to travel, work and study under a working holiday visa, we can help you start your adventure!

We have a special offer 3-month course at ¥350,000 only for you! And with registration and material fees included it comes at a 16% discount! Studying can be addictive, so if you want, extend the course by another three months for only ¥240,000.

The offer consists of 12 weeks of our Standard Course.

If you are not sure and would rather try the course for a shorter period, do not worry! You can cover the difference in pricing once you decide on the extension. What are you waiting for? :)


At the moment due to the travel ban in Japan, you need a signed “Written Pledge” from a school/company to apply for a working holiday visa, and we are happy to provide it under the following conditions:

  1. Requirements:
    1. You start your studies with us on arrival. If you were planning to work for a while and then start your studies, unfortunately, we will not be able to sign the pledge.
    2. Shorter courses are available, of course. Minimum length of the course is 2 weeks. In this case, special discounts will not apply.
    3. It is required for you to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival (15 nights)
  2. Cancellations:
    1. If the course is cancelled without proof of Working Holiday Visa cancellation, 2 weeks of classes will not be refunded.
    2. *Should acceptable proof of cancellation reach us after your notice of course cancellation and before your departure to Japan, the 2-week cancellation fee may be waived.
    3. Should the course be cancelled after the working holiday visa was approved, we will reserve the right to contacting the Japanese embassy that approved the visa, and telling them that we are withdrawing our support for the applicant.
    4. Once at the school, our regular cancellation policy will apply (2-week notice prior to cancellation). If you cancel and the total duration of your course is below 3 months, you will not be eligible for our discount anymore. Therefore, your refund would be calculated on the full regular weekly price of our short-term course.
During quarantine we can offer our Online Private lessons at ¥3000! (25% discounted)

* We are able to arrange your airport transfer and accommodation for the quarantine. Inquire for conditions.

Looking for a shorter-term course instead? Try these options!

Package Details

 20 lessons lessons/week
  Held on weekdays (Monday-Friday)
  Add modules/addons
  Available countries: click here for the list
  • 3-month package price
  • 3-month extension price
This price includes all school costs, textbook costs, and all other fees required to study with us, except accommodation. You will not be required to pay any other fees to study with us.
japanese mix-up of icons

3-month course

Enroll with us and get a 16% discount on your course if you study 3 months with us.

japanese mix-up of icons

3-month extension

The 3 first months were amazing? Want to extend another 3 months? This would make you eligible for our 6-month course package at ¥590,000, so only pay the remaining ¥240,000 and you're good to study another 3 months with us!

Working holiday visa

The working holiday visa is a one-year visa designed to give young people the chance to experience life in Japan. It gives them the right to work almost any job, as long as the job itself is not seen as the main purpose of their stay. The visa is only open to people up to 30 years old (or 35 in some countries), and you have to be able to show proof of minimum funds - usually about $2000 USD - as well as the money to buy a plane ticket back to your home country.

While it's definitely more work than receiving an automatic 3-month visa waiver, the Working Holiday visa has the advantage of giving you more economic freedom during your stay in Japan, so we would definitely recommend it for students from eligible countries. We also recommend the working holiday visa over the student visa for long-term study, for the following reasons:

  • You can apply any time, whereas you have to apply for the student visa at least 5 months in advance.
  • You can do whatever you want on the working holiday visa, whereas on the student visa, you have to study full-time (at least 20 lessons per week) for the duration of the visa.
  • You can attend class when you want on the working holiday visa. On the student visa, if you don't attend 80% of classes or more, the visa may be cancelled.
  • The application for a student visa is quite hard, takes some time, and requires additional documents, whereas the application for a working holiday visa is very easy and quick.

Eligible countries

New Zealand
Republic of Korea
The Netherlands
Hong Kong
Czech Republic
The United Kingdom

If you need more information, ask the Japanese Embassy in your country, as application procedures vary by country.

Read more

Begin the journey of a lifetime. Speak Japanese, live Japan.

About Us

Accredited and award-winning Japanese school in Tokyo, Kyoto and Fukuoka. Learn real-world, communicative Japanese in small, intimate classes. Kickstart the journey of a lifetime in Japan, or bring your existing skills to new levels.

Head Office

Hakataekihigashi 1-16-23,
Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi 812-0013,

+81 (0)92 472 0123
Skype: genkijacs

Tokyo School

Hanazono Bldg 3F, Shinjuku 5-17-6,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022,

+81 (0)3 6457 3554
Skype: genkijacs

Kyoto School

Hayashi Bldg 2F, Shimizuchō (Kawaramachidōri), 454-1,
Shimogyō-ku, Kyōto-shi 600-8025,

+81 (0)75-353-0003
Skype: genkijacs